Early Years Workforce Apprentice PUFFINS OF EXETER LTD
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated apprentices to join our early years' workers in one of our nurseries based in Exeter. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate. You will work and interact directly with children on a day to day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities.
Closing date: 01 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Between the hours of 7.30am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday, exact times will be discussed at interview
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
07 Sep 2023
19 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Successful applicants will work at one of our nurseries for 3 days a week and attend our Training Centre for one day a week. Apprentices would be supported with their on the job training by a mentor and would have a job manual to support this. Apprentices would be assigned a Tutor and Assessor for their off the job training. Apprentices would also be able to gain IAG from our dedicated Learning Support team.
- Support staff in providing activities and care which are developmentally appropriate for children from a range of social, economic and cultural backgrounds, so they are able to develop and grow, in particular those with special educational needs and English as an additional language
- Assist children with personal care, including help with toileting, feeding and food service and other similar duties
- Ensure the environment is welcoming, comfortable, well-organised and uncluttered
- To work as part of a team ensuring on-going cleanliness of the setting
- Welcome visitors to the setting
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard.
Apprentices would be supported with their on the job training by a mentor and would have a job manual to support this. Apprentices would be assigned a Tutor and Assessor for their off the job training. Apprentices would also be able to gain IAG from our dedicated Learning Support Team.
- Early Years Practitioner Qualification L2
- Paediatric First Aid certificate
- Food Hygiene
- Health and Safety
- Equality and Diversity
- Functional skills if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity to apply for the Advanced Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
PUFFINS OF EXETER LTD
13 MONT LE GRAND
SOUTH WEST ASSOCIATION OF TRAINING PROVIDERS LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.