Childcare Apprenticeship – NVQ Level 3 HOWLEY GRANGE KINDERGARDEN LTD
A chance to gain valuable skills while working in a nursery setting as well as learn about Childcare related topics in a classroom setting. This will include gaining your Level 3 Paediatric First Aid. You will play a key role in ensuring that young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe.
Closing date: 22 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Apprentices are required to be as flexible as possible to meet the needs of the business. The average working week will be between 30-40 hours, Monday to Friday. Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
23 Jun 2023
19 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The main responsibilities for this job role will include:
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are always adhered to
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the Centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Working within confidentiality guidelines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will gain a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification at the end of the course.
- All training is completed remotely via teams, your tutor will be there to support you throughout and visit your setting.
- Online remote training sessions will take place every month or so.
- You will complete your Level 3 Paediatric First Aid.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Developing into a Level 3 practitioner, with the potential of a permanent position upon successful completion. Other prospects could include applying for:
- Room Leader Positions.
- Possible Management training.
- Springboard into Primary Education.
- Paediatric nursing.
- Continuous development in the current nursery setting.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
HOWLEY GRANGE KINDERGARDEN LTD
HOWLEY GRANGE ROAD
LEAPING MAN LEARNING LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.