Network Support Apprentice The DMS Digital Group LTD
Velocity Academy have an exciting new opportunity for an apprentice Network Support Technician with DMS Digital Group, one of the North West’s largest independent office technology providers. Working as part of a small team of IT support engineers.
Closing date: 09 Jun 2023
8.30am - 5.00pm Monday - Friday.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
12 Jun 2023
18 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working as part of a small team of IT support engineers
- Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track computer system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Talk clients through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure their IT systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain jovial relationships with clients
Full training will be provided.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training to be provided:
Velocity apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, they will provide the skills necessary to succeed in the workplace and to expand future career prospects.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their programme.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Network Support Technician, with training in how to:
- Complete cabling tasks for example coaxial, copper, fibre or remotely
- Administer mobile devices on a network
- Deliver network tasks prioritising security with a view to mitigating and defending against security risks
- Install and configure relevant software and physical or virtual hardware as appropriate for example: network devices, switches and routers
For a full list of programme modules visit: velocity-pt.co.uk
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
The DMS Digital Group LTD
2 BELMONT HOUSE
DEAKINS BUSINESS PARK
VELOCITY 1ST LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.