Apprentice Dental Nurse Whitehouse Dental
The practice has always strived to be at the forefront of developments in dental care and our team is passionate about its work. We are first and foremost a family general dental practice providing high quality dental care and advice for all ages. We are looking for a confident apprentice dental nurse with a positive personality to join the team.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday hours between 9am to 5pm, shifts, may work evenings and weekends. Exact shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
18 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Day to day duties will include:
- Keep the clinical areas and all equipment/instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate according to the practice's health and safety and infection control procedures and manufacturer's instructions
- Ensure the general cleaning of the practice, including the bathroom, reception area and staff room
- Act according to the training provided by the dentist and manager
- Use all equipment/instruments/machinery in accordance with manufacturers recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chairside assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available
- Ensure the care and welfare of the patients
- Accurately complete patient clinical records as directed Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies
- Comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including PPE, COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc
- Develop radiographs as directed
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Inform the dentist of any stock supplies needed Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Comply with new Data Protection Regulations
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and complete the training course (if necessary) and other courses relevant to this position
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The qualification will be a City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing.
- The in-house training will be at Whitehouse Dental with off the job training in practice and in college
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A long-term career in dental nursing is possible with many of our employees going on to further their knowledge and skills
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
67 WHITEHOUSE COMMON ROAD
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.