Maintenance Services Engineering Apprentice DYNEX SEMICONDUCTOR LIMITED
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Dynex Semiconductors for a bright, enthusiastic Apprentice Engineer to join their team. The Apprentice will learn all aspects of engineering and electrical maintenance and installation activities across site, ensuring that tasks are conducted in a timely manner.
Closing date: 30 May 2023
Monday to Thursday 07:30-15:30 (30 min break). Friday 07:30-13:00 (no break).
Total hours per week: 35.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
18 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Apprentice will support the smooth running of all operations with little or minimal impact on ‘down time’ and give assistance to other members of the department. They will spend time in the Maintenance Services department having training on the comprehensive Building Management System (BMS) and gain an insight into the legislative management required for a business of this complexity.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Develop specialist skills in maintaining services within Dynex including maintaining and repairing electrical and engineering equipment
- Preparing, installing, testing and inspecting electrical systems
- Working on projects with the facilities team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The Apprentice will be working towards their Apprenticeship Standard in Engineering Operative Level 2
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (Skills). Level 2 Certificate or Diploma in Engineering Operations (Knowledge). The unit selection within these qualifications is tailored to the Apprentice’s specific job role
- This Apprenticeship is delivered on a day-release basis with four days in the workplace and one day per week at Lincoln College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Permanent employment may be available on satisfactory completion of the Apprenticeship
- Opportunity to move to Technician and on to Engineer with career development plans and support
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Science and two other subjects (Grade A*/9 to C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
DYNEX SEMICONDUCTOR LIMITED
Margaret or Ruby in the Apprenticeships Team
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.