Apprentice Network Engineer BGEN LIMITED
As an Apprentice Network Engineer, you will design and implement industrial communication networks and design and develop control system software. You will work on projects in different industry sectors, for example: water, waste water, pharmaceutical, manufacturing.
Closing date: 31 May 2023
• Regular reviews, tracking performance and re-assessing salary in line with performance.
Monday to Friday; shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Jun 2023
18 Apr 2023
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
What will the apprentice be doing?
During your apprenticeship, you will undertake a wide range of duties and training which will build on your academic qualifications to develop your practical skills. You will work closely and under the guidance of colleagues within the Engineering Team at our Stafford and Warrington offices.
In addition, you will be required to register with the Institution of Engineering Technology (IET), www.theiet.org, and will be encouraged to work towards incorporated (IEng) or chartered (CEng) engineer status, where appropriate.
You will be encouraged to continue to develop your practical skills and knowledge through on-the-job training, further education and CPD opportunities. Your training will involve you working across all areas of the department. During your time in each area you will have deliverables and objectives to achieve.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely attendance to college courses as agreed with management. Ensure that any college work is completed to a satisfactory standard and handed in on time
- Ensure all training courses included in personal T&D Plan are attended / completed to a satisfactory standard
- Ensure all agreed distance learning objectives are completed to a satisfactory standard
- Attendance to other departments within BGEN in order to gain experience as deemed necessary by management
- Demonstrate a desire to progress within the Division. Pursue membership of relevant Professional body (ie IET) and demonstrate ambition to work towards Incorporated Engineer (IEng) status
- Ensure Engineering and Design activities meets all national and international standards, clients requirements and ‘best’ engineering practice
- Monitor/plan projects to ensure completed to time and budget
- Production of network design specifications, configuration of managed switches, factory testing, site testing and site based commissioning
- Production of functional design specifications, configuration of PLC and SCADA packages, factory testing, site testing and site based commissioning
- Working proactively as part of a team from different engineering disciplines to ensure that planned work schedules and targets are met
- Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to colleagues, managers and clients
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will undertake a level 6 digital and technology Solutions Professional (Intergrated Degree) Apprenticeship. The training will be delivered by Staffordshire University at our Stoke on Trent campus via block study weeks on campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Option to be kept on after completion of the apprenticeship programme
- Regular reviews, tracking performance and re-assessing salary in line with performance
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent 5 additional GCSE's (or equivalent) (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Desired
A Level or equivalent To have/expect 3 A Levels (Ideal in STEM Subjects) (Grade Grades CCC) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
3 Hargreaves Court
Staffordshire Technology Park
Digital and technology solutions professional (integrated degree)
Level 6 (Degree with honours)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.