Outdoor Activity Instructor Apprenticeship New Forest Activities
This apprenticeship will provide a great start in the world of outdoor activities. Key benefits of this apprenticeship include: Earn a salary while you learn the responsibilities and roles of outdoor professionals. Receive training and gain industry qualifications. Support as you learn and train. Responsibility and future prospects.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2023
You will be paid for lunch breaks
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
17 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working alongside instructors to deliver high quality activities in the New Forest
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment to stay fit for purpose
- Ensuring activity sites are clean and presentable at all times
- When not on activity, there will be a variety of general maintenance and site work jobs to complete
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Depending on your ability, experience and motivation you’ll also have the chance to complete or work towards the following. These will be signed off and certified once you have completed all the various elements of the awards.
- Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor Apprenticeship
- First aid award
- BattleZone Marshall training and assessment
- Paddlesports discover and explore award
- Foundation safety and rescue award
- Paddlesports Leader award
- PPA Sea kayak award
- PPA Touring award
- PPA Open canoe award
- High and Low Ropes Instructor
- Archery Instructor training and experience
- Bike Maintenance
All training will take place at New Forest Activities, during your normal working hours.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After achieving the apprenticeship there is the potential of continued work with the business, either in the New Forest or our at Cairngorms base in Scotland.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
New Forest Activities
Outdoor activity instructor
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.