Business Administration Apprentice / Legal Secretary T A MATTHEWS SOLICITORS LTD
An exciting opportunity has arisen at our office in Hereford to train as a legal secretary/administrator with the potential to progress to a paralegal. Alongside your business administration apprenticeship, we will provide training and qualification as a legal secretary. You will be talking to clients or third parties over the phone or in person.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 (including time for training)
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
10 Jun 2023
17 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be working in one of our busy departments alongside another secretary/s completing the daily administrative tasks to support our fee earning members of staff (Solicitors or Legal Executives).
Tasks will involve but not be limited to:
- Typing from dictation or copy tying of documents, emails and letters. This may involve transfer documents for property or land for the Land Registry, probate applications, court documents etc.
- Making appointments
- Talking to clients or third parties over the phone or in person
- Filing, photocopying, scanning
- Other ad-hoc duties when required by the needs of the business
- You will need to be accurate with good attention to detail and will need to be well organised
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship standard
- Additional Legal secretarial qualification delivered in-house
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential to progress into Legal secretarial/Paralegal role within the firm.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
T A MATTHEWS SOLICITORS LTD
32-35 BROAD STREET
RIVERSIDE TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.