Early Years Educator Apprentice Jemima House Nursery & Pre-School
Mother Goose Corner Nursery has a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to join their team. They are a mid-sized, family run nursery and pre-school located in the heart of Huntingdon. They are looking for a caring and thoughtful apprentice to commence their level 3 qualification. You will work with a dynamic, proactive, professional team.
Closing date: 30 May 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday between 8am - 5pm
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
31 May 2023
19 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The candidate would be able to
- Demonstrate a willingness to support children in their learning and development, as well in key working children within the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of record keeping by way of learning and development journals as well as other nursing logs and documents
- Show how they effectively communicate with children, parents/carers and colleagues
- Demonstrate an understanding of how important a secure, happy and safe environment is, and assisting the staff in keeping the environment clean and tidy
- Playing and interacting with the children
- Care routines such as nappy changing, handwashing, feeding, toileting
- Show an ability to be a team player as well as using their initiative
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be trained in Early years educator Level 3 apprenticeship standard.
You will be mentored within work and a day release to college.
Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To develop and join the team full-time.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Jemima House Nursery & Pre-School
41 ST. PETERS ROAD
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.