Engineering Apprenticeship L3 Ilmor Engineering Limited
An amazing opportunity to work for a fantastic company developing your skills, knowledge and behaviours within Engineering, you will be working on exciting new racing and road car projects everyday. Initially you will train as a Manual and CNC Machine Operator with the option of moving into other parts of the business as your skills and abilities develop.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2023
Wage to increase dependent on experience.
Monday - Thursday, 8.00am – 5.00pm and Friday, 8.00am – 4.00pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
07 Aug 2023
14 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
During the first 2 years training will include Operation of the:
- Manual Lathe
- Bridgeport Manual Mill
- Semi-CNC Lathe (Once turning knowledge allows)
- Basic shop floor CNC programing
- Operation of 3-axis milling machines
- Laser Part Marking
- Billet stamping and loading/unloading of automated machine loading systems
Additionally, over the 4 year apprenticeship, there will be opportunities to progress to the 5-axis machine centres and to work and develop in other parts of the business such as Quality, Sub Assembly and Test.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Apprenticeship – Engineering Technician
- Training to be delivered at Northampton College, Booth Lane, Northampton, NN3 3RF – 1 day a week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential for a full time position once the apprenticeship is complete and progression within the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
Ilmor Engineering Limited
Brixworth Industrial Estate
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.