KAM Servicing are rated Excellent on Trustpilot and are accredited members of the Good Garage Scheme and recognised by the AA for warranty repair work. This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside industry experts, to learn from their knowledge, skills and experience. You will be carrying out repairs, routine servicing and general vehicle checks as part of your position.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 39.5
Possible start date
09 Oct 2023
14 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Finding and identifying mechanical faults in the brakes, gears or fuel pumps for example
- Checking for problems with diagnostic testing equipment connected to the vehicle electronic control unit
- Advising customers on the repairs needed, with time and costs estimated for the job
- Observing and assisting Technicians
- Taking responsibility for own health and safety
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required
- This programme includes Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles (QCF) Diploma L3 and Hazard Management of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles Award L2 and Basic Mobile Air Conditioning Award L3 CG
This programme is delivered via a day release delivery model which means that one day per week, your attendance is required at our Engineering campus, NG17. This attendance is required during term time only.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- For the right candidate, there may be the opportunity for employment and further learning
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 / A*-C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade 9-4 / A*-C) Desired
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician - light vehicle
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.