Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Technician F & S GIBBS TRANSPORT SERVICES LTD
Are you wanting to start your career in the automotive industry? As a Heavy Vehicle Apprentice, you will be working alongside experienced team members to service, inspect and repair vehicles. You will have the opportunity to gain new skills and knowledge whilst carrying out maintenance and repairs on heavy vehicles in your workplace, this will include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical vehicle systems. If you are keen to join the industry and develop your skills apply today!
Closing date: 11 Jul 2023
Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 4.30pm (1 hour break)
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
12 Jul 2023
13 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Some of the tasks you will be working on include:
- Servicing vehicles – carrying out checks and general maintenance according to the manufacturers’ guidelines
- Repairing and replacing faulty parts and components
- Maintaining repair and service records
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training is delivered in the workplace and via seven weekly college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy, you will be required to travel to the college and stay in hotel accommodation whilst on blocks. All costs for training are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths & English (if not already exempt)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- As a company we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to our employees
- An apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career
- At the successful completion of training the intention is for the apprentice to be offered full-time employment as a skilled heavy vehicle technician
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
F & S GIBBS TRANSPORT SERVICES LTD
Upside Goods Yard
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.