Early Years Apprentice KIDS IN MOTION LTD
Apprentices will be a big part of our team; we will closely monitor them and work with them to ensure they are developing in different areas. They will closely shadow colleagues, room leaders and supervisors to gradually gain knowledge and understanding, all while gaining hands-on experience working with a number of young children.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Employees are paid on a monthly basis.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Shifts will vary between 8:00 – 5:00, 8:30-5:30 or 9:00-6:00 with exact days to be decided.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
30 Jul 2024
13 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your duties and responsibilites will include, but not be limited to;
- Consistent arrival times and dates as contracted, punctuality and attendance are very important.
- Every employee should maintain a high level of professionalism, treating every child and adult with respect and keeping all information gained confidential.
- Maintaining the safety and wellbeing of the children at all times, as well as creating a happy and secure environment for children.
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress. (Apprentices will be trained in this and supported throughout)
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes (apprentices will be trained in this and supported throughout).
- To make sure all instructions given by room leaders and supervisors are followed.
- Making sure the apprentice is always engaging with children through conversation and play.
- They will be given opportunities to share own ideas and thoughts to things for example in planning.
- Apprentices will be given study leave time to complete their coursework and will be supported with this if needed.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards an Early Years practitioner level 2 NVQ. You will have a dedicated industry expert to guide and coach you through components of your programme and you'll experience a range of different learning opportunities.
- Online learning and face to face training with Learn Plus Us'
- Meetings with your dedicated trainer
- Interactive online workshops
- Self-guided research
- On-the-job instruction
- Peer-to-peer mentoring
- Personal development planning
- Manager progress reviews
- First aid qualification
- English and maths qualifications form a mandatory part of all apprenticeships and must be completed before an apprentice can pass through gateway
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Qualifying, and continuing on to another level e.g., level 3,4,5
- Becoming senior practitioners
- Becoming room leaders
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SIMPLY ONE STOP LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.