Apprentice Early years Educator- The Pelican Nursery Pre-school - SE11 5DU THE PELICAN NURSERY LIMITED
The Pelican nursery has an opportunity for a Level 2 qualified Apprentice to progress to your Level 3 childcare qualification while also gaining valuable job experience. Various duties, such as activities with the children and ensuring their safety, will be completed throughout this apprenticeship.
Closing date: 09 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
You will work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday shifts to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
20 Jun 2023
13 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To provide high quality care and education to the children by:
- Inputting into curriculum planning and working with the children using a wide variety of exercise/activities, toys, and equipment (that are age appropriate) to stimulate and support children’s intellectual, physical, social and emotional development
- Deploying your time and skills to offer all the children the attention they need. High levels of communication and encouragement when working alongside the children
- To communicate thoroughly with other staff and work well within the team
- To liaise with and build relationships with parents and carer and provide daily informal feedback at pick up/ drop off
- To keep any information regarding children their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job fully confidential at all times
- To understand and work within the nursery policies and procedures at all times
- Adaptability - you may need to cover across different areas of the nursery, within the 6 months to 2 years age range
To help prepare and set up the nursery before the children arrive and help tidy when they leave.
To ensure a safe environment for children and adults in the nursery including:
- Checking the equipment is well maintained and safe to use
- Ensuring good hygiene standards are withheld
- Ensuring the safety procedures for fire drill, arrival/departure of children and during session time are met
- Keeping regular records in first aid, accident, incident books as necessary
- Punctual and reliable
- A good standard of written work is required both for coursework and completing observations on children
- You will train alongside a team of long-standing qualified staff team, who will support you with your learning and development
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Apprentices must successfully complete the Level 3 Award in
Paediatric First Aid. (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the successful candidate, subject to employer needs, there may be the opportunity for further employment and progression upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-5) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-5) Desired
About the employer
THE PELICAN NURSERY LIMITED
286A Kennington Road
EDEN TRAINING SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.