Teaching Assistant Apprentice Northcott School
You will be responsible for assisting the teacher in the classroom and providing a good standard of education for all students. Supporting the class teacher to enhance pupils’ learning.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, 8:45am - 3:45pm
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
02 Jun 2023
12 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties include but not limited to:
- Attends to the pupils’ basic personal needs, and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
- Supports pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Establishes good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promotes the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourages pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- Assists pupils during activities i.e., swimming, PE etc
- Encourages pupils to act independently as appropriate
SUPPORT FOR THE TEACHER
- Prepares classroom as directed for lessons and clears afterwards and assists with the display of pupil's work
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed
- Supports the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate
- Undertakes pupil record keeping as requested
- Gathers/report information from/to parents/carers as directed
- Provides clerical/admin. support e.g., photocopying, typing, filing, collecting money etc.
SUPPORT FOR THE CURRICULUM
- Supports pupils to understand instructions
- Supports pupils in respect of local and national learning strategies e.g., literacy, numeracy, KS3, early years, as directed by the teacher
- Supports pupils in using basic ICT as directed
- Prepares and maintains equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assists pupils in their use
SUPPORT FOR SCHOOL
- It is aware of and complies with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- It is aware of and supports differences and ensures all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contributes to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciates and supports the role of other professionals
- Participates in training and other learning activities and performance development as required and attends relevant meetings as required
- Assists with the supervision of pupils outside of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes
- Accompanies teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
- You will be required to attend a half-day session with HBTC where you will work towards any functional skills that you have to take
- There will also be an end point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity for you to advance in the workplace or go on to higher education
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
HULL BUSINESS TRAINING CENTRE LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.