School Site Maintenance Apprentice CATHEDRAL SCHOOLS TRUST
We are offering a two-year apprenticeship with real-life experience in an exciting job role that can support the apprentice with further work within the school premises teams, taking on vital work supporting the education of children and young people.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Holiday entitlement is 6.4 weeks (including bank holidays) days per year. Annual leave is normally taken during school holidays but it may be possible to take some leave during term time.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday, Wednesday and Friday 7.00am - 11.00am and 3.30am - 6.30pm, Tuesday and Thursday 7.00am to Midday and 3.30pm - 6.30pm.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
12 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Daily tasks will include:
- Security of buildings and school sites - including locking and unlocking buildings, undertaking security checks, and monitoring fire safety equipment
- General Maintenance and caretaking - including appropriate repairs such as redecorating, minor repairs, and deliveries of parcels
- Monitoring and Compliance - including undertaking routine inspections, regular security checks, and completing paperwork to support compliance processes
- This role will require general computer use to respond to emails, use the maintenance logging system, and use of word, excel and online calendar
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Property Maintenace Operative Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- After the successful completion of the apprenticeship there may be an opportunity to be employed in a school premises roles
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CATHEDRAL SCHOOLS TRUST
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.