Laboratory Technician Apprentice ALS LABORATORIES (UK) LIMITED
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Coventry laboratory where we are looking to appoint enthusiastic and dedicated individuals with a passion for science. As part of the ALS team, you will be involved in a range of analytical areas which include the testing of drinking and waste water for various customers including utility customers.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
AM shifts are typically 07:30 – 15:30 Tuesday to Friday PM shifts are typically 16:00 – 00:00 Night shifts are typically 00:00-08:00 Candidates under 18's would not work night shifts Weekend working is also available as is Monday to Friday.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
12 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Analysis of Environmental Water samples for Microbiological organisms and Chemicals
- Work with other team members to ensure efficient flow of samples
- Reporting of analytical data, when deemed competent under the competent persons regulations
- Adhere to Health and Safety and Company policies and procedures
- To comply with the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and ensure safe manual handling of chemicals/equipment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Through the training provider, CSR Scientific Training, you will undertake a Level 3 Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship which will include:
- Fully recognised apprenticeship qualification - Level 3 Laboratory Technician
- On-the-job competency training
- Theoretical knowledge - BTEC Level 3 Applied Science
- The majority of your learning will be completed online once a week with some face-to-face practical sessions/exams in Sutton Coldfield
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
If successful in the apprenticeship, there will be ample opportunities to continue onto a successful career within ALS.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade (Grade C/4 or above)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade (Grade C/4 or above)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade (Grade C/4 or above)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ALS LABORATORIES (UK) LIMITED
CSR SCIENTIFIC TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.