Apprentice Commis Chef Grange Farm Park
An exciting opportunity has become available at Grange Park for an Apprentice Commit Chef! You’ll have the opportunity to acquire some professional culinary skills working along an experienced team. You will have the chance to learn new skills from all aspects of a working kitchen, with an abundance of help and support from those more senior.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2023
Pay will be dependent on experience and discussed at the interview stage.
5 days a week, exact shifts to be confirmed. Will include a mix of morning, evenings, and weekends.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
27 Sep 2023
18 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a commis chef you will be supervised and will report daily to a senior chef. You will be required to work a variety of shifts, which will include morning, evenings, weekends, public holidays. As an employee with us you will be required to maintain a high standard of personal, food and kitchen hygiene.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Adhering to cleaning procedures, along with health and hygiene protocols.
- Learning new preparation skills for varies ingredients used. E.g. Fish, meat, vegetables etc.
- Learning to prepare sauces, accompaniment for dishes on the menus.
- Learning cooking methods of various dishes on the menu
- Learning the Principles of supply chain and waste management
- Learning basic costing of dishes
- Learning the potential risks in the working environment and learning to address them and their consequences.
You will be responsible for:
- Having a thorough understanding of allergens and legal requirements
- Stock rotation
- Prioritising tasks given
- Currently using equipment
- Showing accuracy and attention to detail in all your work
- Ensuring food safety at all times from storage to preparation and cooking
- Working well and proactively within a team
For further information, or help with your application, please contact Ruby on 07768 486182 or email@example.com.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The Apprentice will work towards their Apprenticeship Standard in Commis Chef Level 2
- The successful candidate will be assigned a dedicated work-based trainer who will provide support and guidance throughout the course. This is a work-based programme which means that all of your learning will take place on the site of your employment and within your contracted working hours
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential for a full-time permanent position at The Stables
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Grange Farm Park
MALTBY LE MARSH
Ruby or Margaret in the Apprenticeships Team
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.