Engineering Operative Apprentice W G JONES LIMITED
We are a forward thinking company seeking to employ enthusiastic, hardworking individuals. We are seeking suitable candidates that are willing to make commit to aour plan to improve their career within the engineering sector. You will be carrying out a range of engineering operations including assembly, CNC and inspections. We are offering a comprehensive mix of training and study in the Precision Engineering sector.
Closing date: 31 May 2023
Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm, Fridays 7.30am - 12.30pm
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
13 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will have the opportunity to work in various areas of the business to get a full understanding of the business. And then have the opportunity to specialise in the one area of the business you are most interested in.
Tasks in each department including:
- Inspections - ensuring quality of the products
- CNC - working with software to process the products
- Pre-kit - working with materials
- Despatch - working with team to send out supplies
- Assembly - working with dept to compile products
- Stores - working with the team to understand the warehouse processes
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Engineering Operative Apprenticeship Standard - Level 2
- Level 2 Certificate or Diploma in Engineering Operations
- Functional Skills English and Maths up to Level 2 as required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression on to Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard as part of the four year programme.
Prospect of continual employment upon successful completion of the course.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
W G JONES LIMITED
24 Black Moor Road
Ebblake Industrial Estate
BOURNEMOUTH AND POOLE COLLEGE, THE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.