Apprentice Autocare Technician F.J. CHALKE LIMITED
Are you interested in anything automotive? S&B Automotive Academy are recruiting! This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to enhance their skills. An Autocare Technician carries out services and repairs to a range of vehicles. If you are keen on problem solving, this will be a great role for you!
Closing date: 11 Jul 2023
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm (1 hour Lunch Break)
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
12 Jul 2023
11 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice you will learn all the skills to become a top Autocare Technician with a fantastic range of future career options ahead of you. You will use a range of tools, measuring and diagnostic equipment to identify & repair simple system faults.
- Find and diagnose faults using hand tools or a computer
- Advise customers on what repairs are needed
- Estimate time and costs for jobs
- Road test vehicles to check repairs
- Tyre fitting
- Repairs to exhausts, batteries, brakes, and servicing
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training is delivered in the workplace and via seven weekly college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy, you will be required to travel to the college and stay in hotel accommodation if needed. All costs for this are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Level 2 Autocare Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- As a company we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to our employees
- An apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
F.J. CHALKE LIMITED
Wincanton Business Park
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.