Apprentice Foundry Operative FURNISS & WHITE (FOUNDRIES) LTD
Forge a successful career with Furniss and White (Foundries) Ltd. Furniss and White are looking for individuals to develop specialist skills to work with their existing in-house Foundry team. They’d be based at their premises in Dinnington and assist with the manufacture of steel castings. Carrying out manufacturing activities on multiple products with different specifications consecutively.
Closing date: 14 Jul 2023
Pay will be reviewed regularly in-line with performance.
Monday to Friday 6am – 2:00pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
07 Aug 2023
12 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- This is a truly unique opportunity to develop a trade within an industry that has been regionally constant. Furniss and White are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic people to join their team and help lead the way in the steel sector
- Alongside your college day release, they will teach you the skills you need and encourage you to grow into a qualified Foundry Operative. Encouragement will always be given to further your career
As an Apprentice Foundry Operative, you'll be initially responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Assembly and preparation of moulds/cores for casting
- Work safely and in line with written procedures, carrying out your own risk assessment before commencing work
- Adhere to 6S principles
- Use a variety of hand tools
- Operating overhead cranes (when certified)
- Comply to relevant environmental and safety standards
- You’ll develop your skills under the supervision of expert mentors and tradesmen at Furniss and White, learning a variety of duties by working around the site and supporting the manufacturing process You’ll be taught and mentored to achieve your full potential, encouraged to progress and become another qualified member of the team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The successful candidate will continue their studies with apprenticeship specialists, RNN Group. You’ll attend on a day-release format at the North Notts (Worksop) Campus
- The qualification you will receive at the end is a Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression to other areas of the business – product specific training - further and higher skill development. A lifelong career in the steel industry with Furniss and White Ltd
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C / 9-4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
FURNISS & WHITE (FOUNDRIES) LTD
UNIT 17 ABBEY WAY
NORTH ANSTON TRADING ESTATE
01909 504 777
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.