Residential Care Worker Apprenticeship DUTY OF CARE LTD
An excellent opportunity has become available for a Residential Care Worker Apprentice to join Duty of Care Ltd. Your role will be to actively promote the rights of young people as individuals and provide them with quality care in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Closing date: 14 Jun 2023
£20,000-£27,840.00 per year dependant on experience.
Shifts to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
12 Apr 2023
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be working betwwen two locations: Rose Cottage, Marwood, Barnard Castle, Dl12 8QW or The Cottage, Staindrop, Darlington, DL2 3LZ.
- To assist in the provision of a safe and homely environment both individually and as part of a team to help young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties achieve their full potential by strengthening areas of weakness and developing areas of strength
- Staff will be given their own responsibilities within the home depending on the strengths of the Residential Care Worker Apprentice
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of client information is also important
- To help achieve the outlined outcomes for each young person as detailed in their care plan and as agreed with the manager
- To work with the young person with the planning for now, in the future and for when leaving care
- To promote every young person’s rights, safeguarding their welfare and providing good quality care
- Protect young people from harm and enable them to keep themselves safe
- To promote the practice of working in partnership with young people, their families, social workers and other service providers in order to meet the needs of the young people
Professional & Good Practice:
- Make sure that all your work is in keeping with company policies and procedures, legislation and good practice
- All staff must be accountable for their own tasks and responsibilities
- To communicate fully and professionally with your colleagues and to be full team player
- To ensure all paperwork and documentation is completed to a high standard as per your roles and responsibilities
Equal Opportunities & Anti-Discriminatory practice:
- To promote and implement Duty of Care Ltd Equal opportunities Policy and Anti-Discriminatory practice
- As an organisation we are committed to promoting a just society that gives everyone an equal chance to learn, work and live free from discrimination and prejudice
Continuous professional development:
- To complete continuous professional development throughout your time at Duty of Care
Health & Safety:
- To follow the health and safety policies and procedures and notify management if you have any concerns regarding this
- Where needed action must be taken to safeguard everyone involved with Duty of Care Ltd
- All staff will be given additional responsibilities depending on their strengths and what areas they wish to progress within the home
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 4 Children, Young People and Families Practitioner (incorporating Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare)
- Training delivered in the workplace
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Excellent training programme with a full time position available on successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent Children and Young People’s Workforce (Grade Pass/or willing to complete) Desired
Other Social Work (Grade Degree or Diploma) Desired
Other Youth Worker (Grade Degree or Diploma) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
DUTY OF CARE LTD
13 FRONT STREET
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Children, young people and families practitioner
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.