Apprenticeship High Hopes-Early Years Level 2 Fantastic Opportunity High Hopes at Longview
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a candidate to join High Hope nursery based in Huyton. We are looking for someone to join our nursery to support the children with their care and education. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to earn a salary and gain a level 2 qualification.
Closing date: 16 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.30am- 5.43pm on a rota basis
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
17 Jun 2023
17 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To work as part of a highly motivated team dedicated to providing a high standard of holistic care and development for all children attending the setting.
- To gain a good knowledge of the policies and procedures within the nursery for such events as illness, accidents, safeguarding children and health and safety etc. Working within current guidelines and legislation regarding the care and education of young children.
- To work towards gaining a standard required under the Level 2 Child Care qualification held.
- To ensure that practice within the area of responsibility is consistent with the standards laid down in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- To liaise and engage with parents who access the nursery, to provide advice and support and answer questions in line with the settings Key Person role.
- To develop personal skills and practice within the EYFS framework and standards and undertake any professional development as identified during performance monitoring at staff supervisions.
- To take an active role in the day to day planning, observations and assessments of children within the environment, tailoring to each individuals needs and interests in line with the EYFS, with support from qualified staff.
- To record information regarding children’s development and day accurately in line with policies and procedures i.e. completing nappy / sleep charts, medication forms, daily diaries etc.
- To maintain professional partnerships with outside agencies to ensure the welfare of individual children is met.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner standard, paediatric first aid and a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A full-time position is available upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
High Hopes at Longview
JUNIPER TRAINING LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.