Carpentry Apprentice HAWES CONSTRUCTION LTD.
Working along side our small team, the successful candidate will be trained in all elements of carpentry, including first fix, second fix and roofing . You will be with us as your employer 4 days a week and college one day for 18 months. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 16 Jun 2023
Monday - Friday, 7.30am - 4.30pm
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
12 Jul 2023
06 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working on all aspects of carpentry and general building including:
- First fix
- Second fix
- Installation of straight partitions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Work-based training with your employer
- Day release during term time, at Bicester Construction Skills Centre (approximately 1 day per week for 18 months)
- Approximately 5 on-site assessment visits per year
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
- Off the job training will count for at least 20% of an apprentice’s time at work
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths
- Level 2 Site Carpentry Apprenticeship Standard
End Point Assessment:
- Multiple choice knowledge test
- Practical test
- Professional discussion based on a portfolio of evidence
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full time employment may be an option if the candidate is successful
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other Driving Licence (Grade Full) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
HAWES CONSTRUCTION LTD.
138-144 London Road
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.