Apprentice Installation Fire & Security Engineer EDSB LIMITED
As an apprentice you will complete a 3-year work-based learning apprenticeship with Skills for Security, by attending college and working with a qualified engineer. You will assist in the installation of a range of fire and security products (CCTV Systems, Access Control, Fire Systems, Intruder Alarms).
Closing date: 01 Dec 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Full-time apprenticeship. 8-hour shifts per day. Exact working days and times TBC
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
02 Dec 2023
06 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This role will include but not limited to the items below:
- Installing, testing and maintaining different systems - including a range of fire, emergency and security systems
- Learning about electrical and electronic principles - including codes of practice, commissioning, design criteria and installation, testing and maintenance techniques
- Learning about system technologies
- Demonstrating good knowledge of health and safety practices, regulations and legislation within fire, emergency and security environments
- Demonstrating good communication styles and communicating in a clear, articulate and professional manner punctual and accurate completion of timesheets on a monthly basis
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will receive an apprenticeship qualification. Fire Emergency and Security Systems Technician Level 3.
Training will take place at Skills for Security training centre. Training will be block release every 8 weeks.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To become a qualified engineer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Desired
About the employer
SKILLS FOR SECURITY LIMITED
Fire emergency and security systems technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.