Childcare Level 2 Apprenticeship ARDENT CHILDRENS DAY NURSERY LTD
Elgin Nursery are looking for two Level 2 Childcare apprentices, who are passionate about working with children and supporting them to become independent learners. The role will include being a keyworker, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences. Fantastic opportunity and career progression.
Closing date: 23 Dec 2023
£10,982.40 to £21,673.60
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
06 Jan 2024
12 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
- To help to set up the room(s) for the daily programme and to help tidy away and clean at the end of the session.
- To be a key personal assistant to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child needs are recognised and met.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- To advise the Manager of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To assistant with the teaching of children to a high standard, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To support mealtimes within the setting.
The training you will be getting
Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Plus Internal Training will be provided at the location. Training is ongoing throughout the apprenticeship.
Functional Skills (if applicable)
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
ARDENT CHILDRENS DAY NURSERY LTD
ACADEMY 1 SPORTS LTD
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.