Medical Administrator Apprentice Willowbrook Medical Practice
This is an exciting new apprenticeship opportunity to join our team at The Willows Medical Centre as a Medical Administrator Apprentice. We are looking for an individual who takes pride in where they work, uses their own initiative and has a flexible attitude with a willingness to learn.
Closing date: 19 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday. Working hours will be 37.5 hrs between the hours of 8am and 6.30pm, shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
05 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Ensuring our services are delivered in a coordinated and efficient manner
- To work with other receptionists and healthcare professionals to provide a first-class service to our patients. Provide the first point of contact for patients and other stakeholders/visitors (either face to face or on the telephone) and provide administrative support
- Handling telephone and face to face requests for appointments and making the appointments on the computerised appointments system
- Booking in patients when they arrive at the surgery
- Receiving and checking repeat prescription requests. Printing repeat prescriptions
- Calling patients to arrange for routine appointments, e.g. for immunisations, asthma checks, diabetes checks etc.
- Registering new patients and removing patients who have left on the computerised record system
- Photocopying, scanning and filing of paper records
- Assisting the Practice Manager to achieve targets and deadlines set by the Practice
- Liaising with the Practice Manager regarding any incidents or complaints and follow any action as directed
- Ensuring Policies/Procedures are in place and staffs are aware of their location.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard:
- Functionals Skills in maths and English if required
- 5 Additional day courses with HOET.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Can progress to becoming a full time Medical Administrator after qualifying and continue to progress within the organisation.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Willowbrook Medical Practice
195 Thurncourt Road
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.