Apprentice Machinist COLLIS ENGINEERING LIMITED
We are on the lookout for an Apprentice Machinist to join our engineering team based in Alfreton, you will learn all aspect of machining technician standard including milling, drilling and turning.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
07:30 - 16:00 (Monday - Thursday) 07:00 - 14:00 (Friday)
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
08 Jul 2023
05 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice Machinist the post holder is required to carry out work as allocated by their supervisor or Team Leader within the boundaries of their skill and competence.
Duties will include:
- Setting up and operating manual and CNC machine tools
- Production of machined components to both customer and company specifications
- Working to deadlines
- The post holder will be expected to work with under supervision
Work will be communicated in written form as drawings, standards and specifications. Where these are not clear it is the post holder’s duty to ask before proceeding.
The post holder is expected to complete to an acceptable standard, the required technical training with a nominated training provider.
- The post holder is required to conduct themselves in accordance with their contract of employment and the company handbook
- The post holder must to the best of their knowledge and experience carry out work in such a manner so not to endanger their own health and safety, that of their colleagues, the company’s clients, the general public, our suppliers or the environment
- The post holder shall do their utmost to protect and enhance the company’s commercial and financial well-being and reputation
- The post holder may be required to be called upon to carry out other reasonable requests/duties for the company at the discretion of his or her line Manager
- Engage in training, development and education in order to keep skills and knowledge current and to strive for continual improvement
This job description should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. There shall be a requirement to carry out other duties which the Company believes are within your capability.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Machining Technician apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This programme includes BTEC Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Machining) (Development Technical Knowledge).
This programme is delivered via a day release delivery model which means that one day per week, your attendance is required at our Engineering campus, NG17. This attendance is required during term time only.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time employment, upon completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 / A*-C) Essential
About the employer
COLLIS ENGINEERING LIMITED
Meadow Lane Industrial Estate
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.