Apprentice Structural Engineering Technician WM SAUNDERS PARTNERSHIP
Wm Saunders have an exciting opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic apprentice to join their multi-disciplinary team as a Structural Engineering Technician. You will be working as a member of our structural engineering team on a wide variety of interesting building projects nationwide for private and public sector clients.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Wage will be reviewed after initial 3 months. Benefits: • Pension contribution • Private healthcare package • Participation in professional training courses • 22 days holidays per year plus close down between Christmas and the New Year
Monday – Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm 37.5hours
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
06 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The primary role of the Structural Engineering Technician will be as a technical draughtsperson (aka CAD Technician), using industry standard CAD software including AutoCAD and Revit to produce structural engineering drawings on a wide variety of buildings and other structures.
Initially, the technician will be carefully guided by engineers and more senior technicians in their daily work, but will gain more responsibility and independence as they gain experience.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Assist senior technicians and engineers with project drawing administration
- Ensure that drawing registers are kept up to date
- Ensure drawings are issued to the appropriate people on a project
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Civil Engineeering Technician Apprenticeship Standard Level 3
- Apprentices will complete a Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment Level 3 formal qualification.
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Civil Engineering (603/1217/8)
- This Apprenticeship is delivered on a day-release basis with attendance for one day per week at Lincoln College
- You will receive the following training in addition to the Apprenticeship Standard:
- In-house training on all company policies and procedures.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Employment and progression within the organisation may be possible upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
- Apprentices could go on to study HNC/HNDs/ apprenticeship Degrees in their subject or could move into full-time employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Science (ideally Physics) (Grade A*/9 to C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
WM SAUNDERS PARTNERSHIP
SHEPPARD LOCKTON HOUSE
Margaret or Ruby
Civil engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.