Apprentice Brake Press Operator DACON FABRICATIONS LTD
An Apprentice Brake Press Operator (level 2) is required. The apprentice will work with skilled operators on the shop floor and learn to program, set and process material through CNC Press Brake using engineering drawings, engineering and manufacturing information, customer drawings and works instructions/specifications.
Closing date: 01 Jul 2023
Monday - Thursday 7.00 am - 3.30pm, Friday 7.00 am - 1.00 pm.
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
15 Aug 2023
05 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The press break apprentice will work with skilled operatives. They will learn how to read drawings, select steel and prepare materials. They will be trained in how to use specialist tools and equipment in the workshop.
- Operate the CNC Press Brake to manufacture components from sheet metal using preprepared programs
- Program and set up the CNC Press Brake and process material through CNC Press Brake using engineering drawings, engineering and manufacturing information, customer drawings, and works instructions/specifications
- To self-check and be accountable for own quality of work using measure and alignment equipment
- To assist colleagues in the manual handling of jobs within the factory when requested
- Responsible for accurate time and job costing recording using computerised terminals
- Responsible for the safe storage of Press Brake machine tools
- Responsible for housekeeping in immediate vicinity within the machine shop
- Assist the CNC Turret Press operator where applicable and when appropriately trained and qualified
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard:
- Plus End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time position upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3 or above) Essential
About the employer
DACON FABRICATIONS LTD
TDR TRAINING LIMITED
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.