Assistant Accountant Apprentice CHALMERS & CO (SW) LTD
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join an efficient friendly team. You will be involved with a variety of tasks that contribute towards a set of accounts. You must be driven, proactive and have a passion for numbers. With this, you will be rewarded with a role that will stretch and enhance you and provide job satisfaction. Carrying out routine financial activities and support for businesses and organisations of all types and sizes.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2023
Monday to Friday 08.30am-17.00pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
05 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assistance in the preparation of accounts with Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
- Work with all levels of client’s records, manual and computerised
- Data Entry
- Filing, photocopying and general office duties
- Full training and support will be given on a daily basis together, with release to college as appropriate to complete your AAT qualification
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard:
- You will be required to attend Yeovil College 1 day per week
Assessment will be by an “End Point Assessment” This will include 2 elements: A Synoptic Test -Portfolio and Reflective Discussion
- You will be prepared for both of these elements by undertaking studies for both the AAT (Level 2) Foundation Certificate in
- Accounting and the AAT (Level 3) Advanced Diploma in
- Accounting. These will underpin both elements of your “end point assessment”.
- Your apprenticeship duration will be for 18-24 months. You will receive support from both the employer, and the training provider, to complete and achieve your apprenticeship and will be given time to study during the week on a day release basis.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On completion of this Apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity to progress to the next AAT qualification , whilst progressing in the workplace
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CHALMERS & CO (SW) LTD
6 LINEN YARD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.