CNC Machining Apprentice PRECISION 2000 LIMITED
Are you looking at starting a machining apprenticeship in September 2023? Are you wanting to secure a fantastic career opportunity on the Team Valley in Gateshead? This is a fabulous opportunity to learn how to become a CNC machinist using milling and turning machines.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
7.30am - 4.00pm Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 12.30pm Friday
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
05 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- The apprentice will shadow a skilled cnc machinist in the Gateshead facility learning the process of CNC machining
- This is an exciting opportunity, which will enable the apprentice to learn a real craft in a growing and exciting company
- The apprentices will be involved in day-to-day activities using milling and turning machines
The apprentices would learn how to:
- Programme and operate lathes for turning operations
- Programme and operate milling machines
This is an ideal position for someone who is practical and who wants to pursue a long-term career within the engineering industry
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will gain a level 3 Machining Technician Apprenticeship.
The qualification is the Level 3 Knowledge qualification which includes foundation skills; hand fitting, turning and milling.
The academic qualification is the BTEC L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Machining)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completion of the apprenticeship the candidate will be a fully skilled time served cnc machinist.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
PRECISION 2000 LIMITED
TEAM VALLEY TRADING ESTATE
TDR TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.