Animal Care and Farm Shop Assistant Apprentice NONE GO BYE FARM SHOP LTD
Are you looking to earn money whilst learning a worthwhile skill? The job will include assisting in the farm shop and serving customers, general animal care and assisting with maintaining the high standards of all animal husbandry.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
Potential for overtime and additional hours as and when needed.
Shift patterns to be decided, Monday to Friday between 8:30 to 5pm with 30 minute unpaid lunch break. Potential for overtime in high season.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
13 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting daily with cleaning out, bedding up and feeding the animals.
- Checking animals daily for signs of problems or first aid needed.
- Assisting with goat walks and primary school visits as well as bagging up animal feed for customers.
- Serving in the farmshop and assisting customers.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Training will be delivered one day a week to be decided, remotely.
- The apprentice will work towards a level 2 qualification in animal care and welfare assistant apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Upon completing a Level 2 Animal Care and Welfare Assistant there are a variety of routes one could take, this includes further progression and careers in animal care/rescue centre worker, kennel/cattery assistant, veterinary care assistant, RSPCA welfare officer, dog handler, dog walker/pet sitter and pet shop assistant.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 9-5 A*-C or equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
NONE GO BYE FARM SHOP LTD
NONE GO BYE FARM
OTLEY OLD ROAD
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
0113 386 1997
Animal care and welfare assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.