Maintenance Apprentice (ECC&I) EPR ELY LIMITED
Ely Power Station, the first straw fuelled power station in the UK that generates and leads on green energy to energy to create sustainable renewable electricity, are seeking to recruit an apprentice as a Maintenance Engineer (with a bias towards Electrical) to join their supportive team. Maintaining the safety, integrity and effective operation of plant and equipment in industries that are part of the national infrastructure engineering sector.
Closing date: 17 Jul 2023
£11,650 to £21,500 (after the 3rd year on apprenticeship completed)
Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
04 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main purposes of job:
During the apprenticeship you will undertake training that enables you to become qualified to undertake planned, preventative and defect maintenance of equipment to include:
- Modifying rewiring
- Testing and inspecting
- Condition-based monitoring
- Fault finding within our systems
You will also be fully trained to use Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems to make modifications to our processes to ensure the reliability, availability and output of the plant and equipment is achieved.
- Executes routine and non-routine maintenance activities in accordance with the approved processes and procedures. Covering Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation maintenance on process plant/power generating equipment (PLCs, sensors, fault finding, etc.)
- Prepares work to the highest standards ensuring that correct planning has taken place with adequate and competent resources available to include the correct tools, spare parts and ensuring concise method statements and risk assessments are all prepared in advance of the work. All preparation is completed using the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Ensures that safe working practices and procedures are adhered to within all areas of work. Adheres to the SHE Management System at all times
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Reports to: Maintenance Co-ordinator and Operations and Maintenance Manager for onsite mentoring support and training.
The practical period of the apprenticeship is dedicated to the development of the knowledge, skills and behaviours:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- EAL Diploma in Engineering Technologies
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Engineering Maintenance (Electrical pathway)
During the first year of the apprenticeship, you will spend 3-days in-college during term-time and 2 days spent in the Workplace. Into years 2 to 3 years, you will attend college 1 day per week and 4 days spent in the Workplace. Towards the end of the practical training period of apprenticeship the training will be all in the Workplace, preparing for the End Point Assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
EPR Ltd are a progressive company and value their workforce to develop and grow their engineering careers within. For the right candidate, there may be a permanent position on successful completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.