Bodyshop Panel Technician Apprenticeship Durham STEER AUTOMOTIVE GROUP LIMITED
As a Vehicle Damage Panel Technician you will work within the Collision Repair workshop, demonstrating expert working knowledge in relation to the removal, repair and replacement of vehicle body panel to vehicle manufacturer specification.
Closing date: 10 Jun 2023
Mon - Fri - 8:00am - 5pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
15 Jun 2023
06 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Do you want a dynamic and exciting career in the automotive industry? Steer are offering a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice Vehicle Body Technician to join their busy bodyshop.
Your role includes the technical and practical needs for today’s motor vehicle body repair industry. You will study both the theory and practical aspects of the following:
- Materials and consumables
- Removing and fitting non-structural body panels
- Motor vehicle chassis and body alignment
- Vehicle body types, Panel identification, Safety systems Materials and alternative fuel
- Use of Body Panel Repair tools and devices used in the process
- Removal and replacement of body panels and associated parts
- Interpretation of technical data for joining techniques and replacement panels
- Quality control process and the implications of poor quality
The successful candidate will work independently and as part of a team following a defined process, using their skills to correctly identify the different body panel types and have the ability to use the correct repair tools to carry out the work to the highest possible standard.
Duties will include:
- Undertake appropriate job preparation prior to commencing repair, including safety precautions, panel preparation and body measurements
- Identify the material used in the construction to enable the correct joining techniques and manufacturer specifications to be adhered to interpret relevant technical data and methods to make sure that any joints are in line with vehicle manufacturer specification and the vehicle/body panels are aligned correctly.
- Ability to identify and understand the correct joining technology
- Remove, repair and replace vehicle body panels and components of the vehicle safely and efficiently
- Operate the correct repair tools devices used in the process, panel pulling systems, jig and alignment tools, spot welders, brazing tools. Identify and communicate supplementary damage such as panels that were deemed to be reparable but once worked on were found to be beyond repair along with damage that could not be established on original inspection
- Ability to detect and rectify faults within a vehicles structure that’s integral to its safety
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Vehicle damage panel technician
- Functional skills if required
Training will take place via Emtec, Ruddington on a block release model 8 x per year.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion and review of the apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to gain employment with the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other GCSE or equivalent English 4/C or above (Grade 0) Desired
About the employer
STEER AUTOMOTIVE GROUP LIMITED
Unit 29 Drum Industrial Estate,
Chester le Street
Vehicle damage panel technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.