Transport Apprentice EAGLE FREIGHT TERMINAL LIMITED
We are offering a foot in the door to the world of transport and logistics! We are a small family run business. We are offering an apprenticeship role within our Transport department, with the view of a permanent position on completion of the course. We have the scope to be able to provide knowledge into the container side of shipping.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
03 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We collect containers from the port of Felixstowe, take the goods out of the container and arrange transport on the goods, the role will be working in our transport department, the role includes (but not limited to)
- Entering delivery notes on to our system
- Sending delivery notes
- Uploading POD's once the delivery is completed
- Answering calls and emails
- Using the port system to release goods to vehicle registrations
- Provide quotations for Transport
Volumes of work can vary but it is usually fast paced
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills maths and English Level 2 to be taken if an equivalent grade has not been achieved
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Permanent full time position
- Option for further training/qualification if desirable
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 2/C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
EAGLE FREIGHT TERMINAL LIMITED
Units 1-4 Lodge Lane
W S TRAINING LTD.
The Apprenticeship Team
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.