Apprentice Gas Engineer MEARS GROUP PLC
Installing and maintaining gas appliances in a domestic setting. Advising customers on how appliances work and how to use energy more efficiently. Appliances can include, but are not limited to, a range of work categories such as central heating boilers, unvented hot water storage, ducted air heaters, cookers, space heaters, meters, alternative fuel.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Salary dependent on age.
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
15 Sep 2023
03 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work on customer premises / property showing appropriate care and respect whilst focusing on safety
- Be able to read and follow technical documentation associated with equipment and installation requirements
- Safe gas and electrical installation, commissioning, decommissioning and / or ongoing service and repair of gas installations and appliances needed to establish the safe operation of the equipment and installation accordance with industry standards
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Leeds College of Building
- One day a week college attendance
- Qualified Gas engineer
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Renewable Gas Engineer
- Gas Engineer Supervisor
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 3) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
MEARS GROUP PLC
About disability confident
2 Hepton Court
LEEDS COLLEGE OF BUILDING
Gas engineering operative
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.