Cloud DevOps Engineer Apprentice Markerstudy Insurance Group
To implement and support the delivery of infrastructure and software-based projects around the group into automated and managed Continuous Integration/Delivery pipelines (CI/CD) to save time and manual effort, and to speed up the secure development/deployment cycle and reduce errors.
Closing date: 26 Jun 2023
Monday-Friday 8.30 - 17.00
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
04 Apr 2023
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The individual is expected to be the interface between the development team members and other departments to help achieve delivery of applications using CI/CD pipelines. To design (and adhere to) standards and best practises to be followed through these pipelines as they move between different environments on the road to Production.
CI/CD practises are not exclusive to in-house developed software applications, and therefore other existing applications and installations can be introduced to Continuous Delivery mechanisms through scripting and deployment frameworks. Similarly, CI/CD pipelines can be split between on premise infrastructure and Cloud based setups predominantly Azure. We have a hybrid multi-cloud strategy so other clouds and on premise work will be included.
Daily roles and responsibilities
- To assist the developers and development teams to achieve their goals in projects or BAU work streams
- Design, support and implement the CI/CD ecosystem
- Maintain and implement industry best-practises for automated configuration management and security
- Deliver a seamless CI/CD solution to one or more Cloud platforms, primarily Azure, and on premises
- We own our changes and ensure they are tested every step of the way
- To work in Agile based iterations within multiple teams as required
- To work with 3rd parties as required.
- To ensure the right level of documentation is created, available and maintained where it relates to DevOps practices.
- To continue to develop the group's technical capabilities using existing and emerging technologies.
- Ensure our solutions minimise system downtime and customer impact
- Take ownership for platform solutions and optimisations ensuring operational and project outcomes are achieved. Contribute to the continuous improvement culture by regularly reviewing and enhancing processes, practices, and standards.
Additional Skills and Personal Qualities Desired
- Must be a team player and be able to share your successes and learnings
- Technical problem solving from a complex environment
- The ability to automate deployments and infrastructure creation in Cloud (primarily Azure, we also utilise all main cloud platforms) and on premises
- Excellent prioritisation skills
- Experience of engaging with all levels of the business.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Agile knowledge and experience
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work under pressure.
- Working in a secure way and adhering to all relevant security standards.
- Cross training and knowledge sharing within the team and externally across the group
- Ability to work on your own initiative or as part of a team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 4 DevOps Apprenticeship
- Firebrand is the leader in Accelerated Learning, and has grown to become a global business – with training centers around the world. Since its inception in 2001 the company has grown at an incredible rate; more than 30,000 students have now gained IT and project management certification through our unique Accelerated Learning methodology. We are a Microsoft Gold training partner and all our apprenticeship courses have been developed in conjunction with Microsoft, and the courses are regularly monitored by the Government, Microsoft and City & Guilds
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
• Private Medical cover for employee
• 5% Employer pension contributions when contributing 5%
• 28 days holiday + bank holidays
• Life Assurance 4x annual salary
You'll be joining an energetic and innovative company whose investment in technology offers the opportunity to join a team with immense potential, playing a part in key transformation projects as well as BAU. You will be a valued member of the team, who is keen to inspire and drive with the desire to work with autonomy, whilst being part of making a successful team.
As a business we are committed to our ethos of ‘putting the fun into insurance’ for the benefit of our customers, employees and the community.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent 2 x A Levels (or equivalent) (Grade Pass (BTEC) / C (A-level)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Markerstudy Insurance Group
2 Chapman Way, High Brooms
FIREBRAND TRAINING LIMITED
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.