Apprentice Carpenter MEARS GROUP PLC
Mears can offer you a great foundation to your future career. All our Apprentices are paid above minimum wage and you'll be given the chance to work alongside our talented workforce. As well as holiday and company sick pay, we offer a variety of benefits, from Company summer fun days to discounts for restaurants, shops, and much more.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Salary dependent on age
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
15 Sep 2023
31 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- There are a range of job tasks including measuring, marking out, fitting, cutting, finishing, repairing, and maintaining timber-based products and components i.e., ironmongery
- During your apprenticeship you will be involved in fitting kitchens and bathrooms and be responsible for fitting interior woodwork i.e., doors, skirting boards and replacing floor joists and floorboards
- You will be able to understand technical drawings and have an expert knowledge in different woods and their uses
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Carpentry and Joinery Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- At the end of your apprenticeship, you must achieve your Trades test. Upon passing this test you will earn the status of Carpenter / Joiner
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On completion of this apprenticeship, you can progress into the Level 3 Advanced qualification or work as a qualified Junior Site Carpenter where, with more experience, you can look to progress into a senior carpentry position, site/contracts/project management
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
MEARS GROUP PLC
About disability confident
Concession Area 2
New York Stadium, Don Street
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.