Contracts Engineer Apprentice GALLIFORD TRY EMPLOYMENT LIMITED
Huthwaite based Galliford Try Ltd are looking to take on a contracts engineer apprentice. Within the role, you will perform duties including the timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget and carry out site survey, design development and produce drawings/sketches for manufacture.
Closing date: 03 Jul 2023
07:30 - 16:30 Monday to Friday (Some flexible working available)
Total hours per week: 42.5
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
10 Jul 2023
03 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
For insurances purposes, applicants must be 18 plus (working on 42.5 hours per week contract).
- Outline engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising in-house resources, site installation and workshop personnel
- The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget
- Liaise with client’s engineering and operations staff to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Attend site visits/meetings
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions, check against current legislation and standards to ensure compliance
- Prepare estimates and quotations
- Site survey, design development and produce drawings/sketches for manufacture
- Complete contract documentation: job cards, method statements / risk assessments, cost to complete and inspection and test plans
- Manage site safety, health and environmental issues
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of materials and specialist subcontractors
- Compile and collate final contract documentation, “As built” drawings and CE documentation
- Overall responsibility for profit/loss on contracts undertaken
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
- General record keeping and reporting
- Responding to enquiries, to support the department more generally
- Undertake any other duties and ad hoc tasks which may reasonably be expected as requested by senior team members
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This programme includes Dip in Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering - Technical Support Technician (Development Competence) and Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge) BTEC Diploma Edexcel L3.
This programme is delivered via a day release delivery model which means that one day per week, your attendance is required at our engineering campus, NG17. This attendance is required during term time only.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity to progress on to level 4, higher apprenticeship which includes HNC.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 / A*-C) Essential
About the employer
GALLIFORD TRY EMPLOYMENT LIMITED
The County Estate
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.