Apprenticeship in Machining Technician TN UNITED KINGDOM, LTD
In this position you will work within the Production team to assist the Machine Operators in their day to day tasks manufacturing high precision products. Ultimately you converting technical drawings into the end products, by setting and running our inhouse machinery.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2023
Monday - Thursday, 7.00am - 4.00pm and Friday, 7.00am - 11.00am 30 min lunch break + 15 minute break Monday - Friday
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
14 Aug 2023
31 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Understand correct and safest operating procedures for all machines in the premises
- Control of stock within company guidelines
- Comply and promote a safe working environment and follow all health and safety polices and requirements
- Record accurate data as requested and in line with company policy
- Assist setting and operating CNC or manual machinery
- Reading and understanding technical drawings
- Cover other production areas in times of absence or high workload
- Provide training to team members where required
- Liaise with internal customers on NCRs, concessions and any minor issues that arise during manufacture
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Machining Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- This occupation is found in the Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (AME) sector
- AME includes Aerospace, Automotive, Maritime Defence, Nuclear and Construction sectors. Machining technicians produce complex and precision machined products that are typically used in machinery vehicles
- They can also produce bespoke components or products for domestic appliances or medical equipment. They use a variety of machines to carry out their work
- For example, centre lathes, vertical and horizontal milling machines, horizontal and cylindrical grinding machines. Electro discharge machines, single and multi-axis Computer Numeric Control (CNC) machine tools centres
- Gear cutting and Gear Grinding machines
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Production Engineer
- Machine setter and programmer
- Production Manager
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
TN UNITED KINGDOM, LTD
DOWNLAND BUSINESS PARK
CHICHESTER COLLEGE GROUP
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.