Engineering Apprentice JAMES LISTER & SONS LIMITED
Exciting opportunity to work for an established engineering company based in Redditch. You will work in an ever-expanding Tube Manipulation division, with the opportunity to learn how to use a wide variety of machines, including CNC machines. Designing, building, servicing and repairing a range of engineering products and services.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2023
With performance progression and development, the salary will be reviewed by the Company at regular intervals and increases rewarded where deemed appropriate. Paid holiday entitlement of 25.6 days, pro-rata based on September start
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
38 hours per week, Monday – Thursday between 7am – 5pm
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
12 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Early stages of the Apprenticeship
- Learning how to operate all the machines and jigs, Shadowing the setters and operators, Opening Step files and drawings on Auto Desk inventor, Learning about XYZ and YBC coordinates, Getting familiar with all the production processes.
Mid-stages of the Apprenticeship
- 3D printing, operating lathes, milling machines, learning how to use the CMM, Setting CNC machines, welding
Latter stages of the Apprenticeship
- Designing and making tooling for the shop floor, machine maintenance, programming Lathes and Milling machines, development of new jobs.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Engineering Technician - Technical Support Apprenticeship Pathway:
After a period of foundation skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Technical Support
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
The training will take place at the Hertfordshire and Worcestershire Group Training Association Academy in Worcester.
The training will begin as block release and throughout the latter stages of the apprenticeship, there will be a day release.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Opportunity to become a junior production/ mechanical engineer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5) Desired
Other Engineering Related Subjects (Grade 5 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
JAMES LISTER & SONS LIMITED
Unit 21 Bartleet Road
HEREFORDSHIRE AND WORCESTERSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.