Apprentice Composite Technician GTR Ltd
We are a composite manufacturing company looking for apprentice composite technicians to join our very friendly team, where we pride our self on delivering quality high-end products and excellent service to all our customers, whilst ensuring that we create a great place to work for everyone. The role includes understanding of different types of resins and adhesives for bonding and assembly, production of carbon fibre mould tools and preparation procedures and manufacturing of individual components across a range of sectors.
Closing date: 09 Jul 2023
Monday – Friday: 08.00 – 16.30 Lunch: 13.00-13.30 Paid Tea Breaks: 10.00-10.15 15.00-15.15.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
20 Sep 2023
31 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Selection of appropriate techniques and procedures to produce components
- Handling of composite materials and the established health & safety procedures
- Understanding the correct storage and applications of composite material
- Understanding of different types of resins and adhesives for bonding and assembly
- Production of carbon fibre mould tools and preparation procedures
- Manufacturing of individual components across a range of sectors
- Reading and understanding of technical drawings and procedure manuals
- Laminating of geometrically complex components and assembly techniques
- Health & safety, inspection and project management procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- L3 Composites Technician
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Work Address Denmans Lane,Denmans Lane,Arundel,West Sussex,BN18 0SU
- Release time at Chichester College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will have the opportunity to develop and progress across different disciplines and departments within the organisation. Potential to continue study at Level 4.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent other (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Westergate Works Denmans Lane
CHICHESTER COLLEGE GROUP
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.