Medical Receptionist Apprentice Administrator DR INDER JEET SINGH
Our Practice is highly patient focused and we have a multidisciplinary approach to patients’ health care. We aim to deliver the best for our patients by combining the skills of the practice team with other health and social care workers in the community. The role will include responding to all queries and requests for assistance from patients and other visitors and ensuring that requests for repeat prescriptions are actioned.
Closing date: 26 Jun 2023
£5.50 for 16-18 £6.50 for 19+
Monday 7.30am - 6.00pm, Tuesday 8.30 am - 6.00pm, Wednesday 8.30 am - 6 .00pm, Thursday 8.30am - 6.00pm and Friday 8.30 am - 6.00pm.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
30 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Answer telephone within 3 rings, ensure patient journey runs smoothly
- To use EMIS to ensure efficiency of appointment system
- Ensure that patients without appointments, but who need an “urgent consultation”, are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover, ensure procedures are completed
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment and issue receipts for same where required
- Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients and other visitors
- Ensure that requests for repeat prescriptions are actioned properly
- Ensure waiting and reception areas are kept neat and tidy
- To action tasks in a timely manner - ensure all actions are completed
- Respond and action practice emails
- Scan all correspondence onto the computer as per guidelines and attach to individual patient record accurately
- Sort this correspondence into data entry or filing
- Coding appropriately
- Open, stamp and sort post and direct to correct recipient
- Book appointments and recalls efficiently ensuring medical record is accessed
- Full training will be given
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business Administration Level 3.
Level 3 units included in the programme include:
- The organisation
- Business fundamentals
- Decision making
- Project management
- Managing performance
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A permanent position within the organisation.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
DR INDER JEET SINGH
Durham Rd, Sunderland
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.