Apprentice Butcher PASTURE FARM FOODS LTD
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team at Pasture Farm Foods, who want to learn new things and be taught skills. You will also learn full butchery skills throughout the apprenticeship scheme.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Saturday 6:30am - 3:00pm or 8:00am - 4:30pm
Total hours per week: 45
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
30 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting the butchers setting up the counters and displays;
- Making products for the shop;
- Helping put customers orders together and serving;
- Learning how to sharpen knives, trim & cut down meat, then move onto more specialist butchery.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Butcher Standards Level 2 Qualification
- FDQ Level 2 Award in Food Safety
- FDQ Level 2 Award in Health & Safety
- FDQ Level 2 Award in Knife Skills
- Level 1 / 2 Functional skills in English and maths if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To work as a qualified butcher in our shop, to go onto possibly managing the shop or you could go down the route of the wholesale & work in our EEC cutting plant.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
PASTURE FARM FOODS LTD
MEAT EAST ANGLIA TRADES (IPSWICH) LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.