Apprentice Welder/Fabricator W.H. DAVIS LIMITED
Are you looking to start a career in Engineering? Do you want to take your skills to the next level with the help of an excellent employer? WH Davis are looking for someone to develop suitable skills to work with their existing in-house Welding/Fabrication team based at Mansfield.
Closing date: 23 Jul 2023
Pay will be reviewed regularly upon performance.
Monday-Thursday 07:15-16:00, Friday 07:15-15:00
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
07 Aug 2023
30 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice Welder/Fabricator, you'll be initially responsible for the following (but not limited to):
- · Manufacture and repair of railway wagons and other specialist products
- · Perform welding/plating activities
- · Working to quality standards required for the components
- · Welding joints in accordance with approved welding procedures and quality requirements (TIG, MIG)
- · Using a variety of equipment to shape, form and cut metal materials
- · Undertaking final inspections of finished components
- · Maintaining a clean, organised and productive work area
- · Ensure production timings are met/exceeded
- · Ensure correct marking up of component parts
- · Produce jigs for use in production runs
- · Comply to relevant environmental and safety standards
You’ll develop your skills alongside time-served WH Davis employees who are eager to pass on their knowledge, learning a variety of duties and supporting the whole business. You’ll be taught and mentored to achieve your full potential and create the foundation of a career.
If you are committed and ready to take your first step into a career, then please apply now! This apprenticeship and opportunity will be highly competitive, so don’t miss your chance!
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful candidates will continue their studies with apprenticeship specialists, RNN Group at their North Notts (Worksop) Campus on a day release format, giving you the training and support you need to become an all-rounded and successful Welder/Fabricator.
The Apprentice Standard you will be studying is Plate Welder – Level 3.
Functional skills if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Further industry appropriate training.
A lifelong career in the industry with WH Davis Ltd.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
W.H. DAVIS LIMITED
Langwith Road Langwith Junction
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.