Duties will include general upkeep of the salon, shampooing, assisting stylists, greeting and preparing clients and promoting services and products. Some reception work may also be required. As your skills develop you will be given more responsibility.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2023
£10,982.40 to £21,673.60
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Jan 2024
30 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Greeting clients and visitors to the salon
- Assisting stylists with preparing clients for and during the services being provided
- Listening to the needs of clients and informing colleagues of any relevant information
- Following all H&S procedures
- Wearing the required PPE
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Promoting the salon's brand principles
- Completing all work set by trainers and assessors in the agreed time frame
- Putting into practice what you learn
- Sourcing suitable models for training and assessment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- In salon training towards Level 2 Intermediate Hairdressing Apprenticeship (Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals)
- Functional Skills in English and maths (if applicable)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After achieving Level 2 and your Intermediate Apprenticeship you will be encouraged to progress to an Advanced Apprenticeship and gain your Level 3. Most of our stylists and technicians have been apprentices themselves. Since achieving their Advanced Apprenticeships, they have gone on to become senior stylists, trainers, assessors, managers, and have taken part in photo shoots and promotional events.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
INTER TRAINING SERVICES LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.