Support Worker Apprentice INDEPENDENT SUPPORT LIMITED
We are looking for warm, positive and enthusiastic individuals to provide person centered support to people with learning disabilities. You will work to make a difference and promote independence whilst enabling people to enjoy a fulfilling and valued life.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Shifts are on a 2 week rolling rota and will include weekday and weekend work. Shifts tbc.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
29 Mar 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Giving non-discriminatory care
- Record and report all relevant information
- Working with therapists and doctors to ensure consistency of support
- Supporting and monitoring healthcare and needs
- Teaching life skills and supporting new hobbies and interests
- Helping with personal hygiene e.g. toileting
- Support with eating and drinking
- Helping clients to access community facilities
- Cleaning and cooking will be required on a rota basis
- Planning and delivering activities to service users
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Adult Care Worker Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills, if required
- Care certificate
- Training around Autism, learning disability and others specific to the role
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be a full-time position available for the right candidate on completion.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
INDEPENDENT SUPPORT LIMITED
276 Furlong Road,
P.T.P. TRAINING LIMITED
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.