Apprentice Repair and Calibration Bench Engineer PHOENIX DOSIMETRY LTD
The successful candidate will work alongside our experienced bench engineer to develop the diverse skillsets needed. The training will be very much hands on. The apprentice will have the opportunity to learn from an engineer with over 30 years of experience. Make patch panels, repair dosimetry cables.
Closing date: 31 May 2023
Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
11 Sep 2023
29 Mar 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Make bespoke dosimetry cables
- Repair dosimetry cables
- Repair mini monitors (contamination monitors)
- Calibrate electronic personal dosemeters and complete calibration certificates
- Respond to customer enquiries in a timely fashion
- Make patch panels
- Dispatch made and repaired items to the customer
- Develop good relationships with the customers
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) - Technical Support
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progress to become a field engineer, completing preventative maintenance work and breakdowns at customer sites.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
PHOENIX DOSIMETRY LTD
LAKESIDE BUSINESS PARK
FARNBOROUGH COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.