Apprentice Commis Chef Oake Manor Golf Club
To learn all aspects of cooking within our established business. The apprentice will be involved in food preparation, cooking and finishing food items, cleaning and maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen and working within the team to ensure high quality dishes are produced.
Closing date: 11 Jun 2023
Days and shifts are to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
18 Sep 2023
11 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learning basic knife skills
- Learning the fundamentals of good kitchen hygiene
- Learning the basic cooking skills
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard - Commis Chef:
- Level 2 Commis Chef - Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
- Functional skills at level 1 and/or 2 in English and maths as required (exemptions apply)
- The apprenticeship will have a day release at the Quantock Restaurant at the Taunton Campus of Bridgwater and Taunton College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The chance to be offered a chef role
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BRIDGWATER AND TAUNTON COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.